POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization specializing in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years building and improving communities. Beyond providing safe, comfortable, and affordable homes, we believe that well-managed housing can empower residents and serve as a platform for their success. We manage over 8,900 units throughout the United States.
About the Opportunity
POAH Communities is currently seeking an Occupancy Specialist. This person will work at our Hawthorne Place Apartments property located in Independence, MO. The Occupancy Specialist position will, manage marketing of vacant units and timely rent collection to meet the properties’ budgetary goals following company policies and procedures and applicable HUD regulations.
- Oversee regulatory requirements of each property’s funding sources.
- Assist the Property Manager by ensuring that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve physical assets.
- Manage administrative tasks such as: collecting rents, processing move-ins / move-outs in the Yardi System.
- Assure all vendors follow company policy and that they are complying with Federal, State and Local guidelines.
- Comply with work orders through the Yardi software system at each site.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and ability necessary to understand the tasks and processes associated with the public housing occupancy cycle.
- Implement procedures including maintaining waitlists, evaluating eligibility and income, calculating rents and utility allowances.
- Facilitate residents’ interviewing and screening process.
- Understand the lease and grievance procedures.
- Some post high school education preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in property management, asset management.
- Basic proficiency in the use of computers including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Yardi software is a plus.
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria and processes.
- Strong verbal, written and customer service communication skills are essential.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in the position, we encourage you to apply by using the following link:
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force.
For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.