POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving affordable rental housing. We are seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as Marketing and Occupancy Manager at our Hawthorne Place Apartments in Independence, MO. This individual will develop marketing/leasing plans and should be skilled in effective “show, sell and close” techniques to attract and retain qualified tenants.
Reporting to the Senior Property Manager, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- A high level of property management expertise and knowledge of the application
- and move-in process
- Strong marketing and leasing background and familiarity with establishing/executing a marketing plan for all unit types
- Solid verbal, written and customer service communication skills
- Confidence in creating effective solutions for how to deal with challenges or problems
- Utilize POAH Communities Marketing & Leasing Affordable Apartments Manual and other leading edge concepts to help produce a steady stream of qualified applications
- Ability to travel to other POAH Communities properties to assist with marketing plans, implementation of those plans as well training of site staff in marketing techniques
- Familiarity with Property Management-specific software (e.g., Yardi, POAH Integratec, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Support the Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager and Leasing/Occupancy Specialist with marketing and leasing activities directed at attracting qualified rental applicants and signing them to leases
- Develop and execute marketing and leasing plans that include demographic examinations of target markets, media selection and media content
- Create marketing best practices related to resident retention (those residents covered under the Section 8 program or un-subsidized rental program)
- Oversee all marketing outreach initiatives, traditional media content and placement as well as social media development and distribution
- Supervise leasing and maintenance staff including delegating work, reviewing work, maintaining deadlines and training
- Work closely with maintenance personnel to help insure apartment units are available at all times to meet rental demand
- Assist team in enhancing the property’s curb appeal and leasing path to office
- Deliver marketing related training for POAH Communities employees and work with Director of Training & Recruitment to schedule and deliver.
- Build strong community relationships with the Chamber of Commerce, elder-centric organizations, banks, medical facilities, places of worship, community centers, restaurants, hotels and retail stores
- Manage Hawthorne Place Apartments program to host meetings of local community organizations at the property
- Execute marketing programs that lead to increasing awareness of available units and the property (e.g., effective direct mail program, referral program, etc.)
- Work effectively with site staff to maintain a viable and current wait list of applicants
- Seek opportunities to enhance communications and to build collaborative relationships with supervisors, peers, subordinates and residents.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Regional Property Supervisor, Senior Vice President and President of POAH Communities.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree and Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist certification.
EXPERIENCE: At least 2-3 year(s). Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.
ABOUT POAH COMMUNITIES
POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing. Based in Boston, POAH is a growing non-profit organization that owns POAH Communities which manages more than 8,500 affordable rental homes for families, seniors and the working poor in nine states and the District of Columbia. POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities.