POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing. Based in Boston, POAH is a growing non-profit organization that owns POAH Communities which manages more than 8,500 affordable rental homes for families, seniors and the working poor in nine states and the District of Columbia. POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities.
- Support the Property Manager (PM) by repairing and maintaining the physical asset structures to levels consistent with POAH Communities standards and a condition which meets building codes and those standards imposed by HUD and other housing regulatory agencies/ commissions
- Assist the PM in executing the financial and operational objectives established by POAH and ensure that compliance with all federal, state and local laws is maintained
- Ensure that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve the physical assets
- Respond to work orders and have them completed within 24 hours of submission. The MS will also ensure that work orders are managed through the Yardi software system at each POAH Communities site
- Manage resident relations / customer inquiries with the highest degree of professionalism
- Seek opportunities to enhance communications and to build collaborative relationships with Regional Property Supervisor, fellow colleagues, Maintenance Technicians and other Maintenance Staff Members.
- Work with property staff and Resident Services to design, implement and support programs for the improvement of residents’ lives.
Reporting to a Property Manager, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- Some Post High School Education Preferred.
- Three years of experience (minimum) in property management, asset management, development and related fields (project finance, construction and acquisition/rehab)
- Proficiency in the use of computers including Word and Excel and Yardi financial reporting software
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria/processes and the low income housing tax credit program as they relate to physical assets and tenant relations
- Direct experience in property management
- Availability to work periodic flexible hours and overtime as may be required.
- Ability to travel by plane and automobile may be required
- Confidence in creating effective solutions for how to deal with challenges or problems
- Ability to climb stairs, take elevators, bend, squat and reach over your head
If you are interested and meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply by using the following link:
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force.
For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.