Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (POAH) is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing. Based in Boston, POAH is a growing non-profit organization that owns POAH COMMUNITIES which manages more than 8,500 affordable rental homes for families, seniors and the working poor in nine states and the District of Columbia. POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities.
About the Opportunity
POAH Communities is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as an Assistant Property Manager for its Bridle Path / Torrey Woods Property located in Randolph.This individual will be a bright and dynamic leader with hands-on experience and the demonstrated ability to successfully manage staff and oversee day-to-day operations.
The Assistant Property Manager position will provide support to the Property Manager by managing various assigned the following tasks:
- Ensure that systems are aligned within the parameters of HUD and state housing agency.
- Guarantee all applicable regulations are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health.
- Make certain that all contracts are professionally prepared and that adequate engineering specifications are contractually incorporated for all major repair work.
- Ensure that compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws are maintained.
- Assist in collecting rents, processing move-ins / move-outs in the Yardi system, completing annual and interim certifications of households.
- Work closely with other staff members who work in the property’s office or who may also work in the maintenance area.
- Reporting to a Property Manager, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- Previous experience with government-assisted and subsidized housing programs is required.
- Certified as a Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist.
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated ability to successfully assist in day-to-day operations, maintenance programs, marketing and leasing activities, occupancy and annual tenant certifications.
- Strong verbal, written and customer service communication skills are essential; computer proficiency (specifically in MS-Word, Excel, and Outlook) is a plus, as is familiarity with Yardi software.
- Ability to envision and create, in concert with manager, residents and staff, a harmonious, cohesive atmosphere.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, team orientation and willingness to learn are a must!
If you are interested and meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply by using the following link:
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, a wellness program, and a 401k plan with a matching component.
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity in the work force.