POAH Communities, an exciting and highly entrepreneurial company specializing in community development and preserving affordable rental housing is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a Property Manager in Chicago, IL This individual will be a bright and dynamic leader with hands-on experience and the demonstrated ability to successfully manage staff and oversee day-to-day operations.
- Reporting to a Regional Property Supervisor, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- Demonstrate a high level of property management expertise, analytical ability, financial acumen, real estate software knowledge (Yardi), ability to multi-task and deal with stress.
- Solid verbal, written and customer service communication skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to manage maintenance programs, marketing and leasing activity, occupancy, financial analysis, budget preparations and annual tenant certifications.
- Leadership skills to create the trust & influence needed to effectively manage a property and its residents.
- Strong background in operations and turnaround situations.
- Confidence in creating effective solutions for how to deal with challenges or problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree and certified as a Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist.
- Execute the financial and operational objectives established by the company and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws is maintained.
- Ensure that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve the physical assets.
- Seek opportunities to enhance communications and to build collaborative relationships with supervisors, peers, subordinates and residents.
- Work to recruit, train, motivate and retain the highest caliber property management staff for all positions within the assigned portfolio.
- Prepare for and attend regular meetings with the property management staff to present detailed reports on portfolio status.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Regional Property Supervisor, Senior Vice President and President.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, a wellness program, and a 401k plan with a matching component.
ABOUT POAH COMMUNITIES
POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing. Based in Boston, POAH is a growing non-profit organization that owns POAH Communities which manages more than 8,500 affordable rental homes for families, seniors and the working poor in nine states and the District of Columbia. POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities.