An organization specializing in community development and to preserving affordable rental housing is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as an IT Associate/Support Technician in Boston. He/she will be a member of the Information Technology department and Help Desk team. Their role will focus on day to day computer operations/Help Desk tickets providing support to internal end users’ computers and peripherals.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to support Help Desk issues from Level 1 through Level 3
- Ability to think on their feet to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems as they arise
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Great time management, organizational and tracking skills
- Ability to multi-task working on both operational issues and project tasks
- Ability to prioritize work based on end user impact
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office software
- Ability to work on a Help Desk team and independently and demonstrate ownership of issues related to the end users
- Ability to proactively manage user expectations and onsite technical issues without direct oversight
- Excellent customer support, relationship management, and documentation skills
- Knowledge of IP Fundamentals including DHCP and DNS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory 2003 and above
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, VPN connectivity, Firewalls, Routers, Wireless Access)
- Access to a vehicle as the candidate will have to travel to the Boston office as well as other property locations throughout New England
- Ability to bend and lift equipment sometimes up to 50 pounds and other labor related duties to deliver and connect computers and peripherals
- Ability to diagnose end-user system failures and resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to diagnose printer and other peripheral device failures and resolve issues
- Skilled in troubleshooting network devices in order to ensure connectivity from the device to the network
- Monitor Help Desk tickets and take assignments to resolve end user computing issues
- Ensure implementation of resolutions in a timely and effective manner
- Support a corporate office located in downtown Boston as well as several properties located throughout New England
- Provide apartment development property support – including connectivity troubleshooting for wired and wireless networks, computer, peripheral, and mobile device support
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Manager of Information Technology and Vice President of Information Technology.
Relevant certifications (A+, MCP, MTA, MCSE, MCITP, etc.) a plus
ITIL Training and/or Certification a plus
Affordable Housing experience a plus
EXPERIENCE: At least 3-5 years of hands on work experience delivering high quality Help Desk and Field Service support for computers and peripherals. 3-5 year’s work experience in computer Help Desk/Support/Help Desk capacity.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's or master's degree in a computer field.
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force. For more information about the position, please visit www.poah.org