POAH Communities an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a full-time Resident Services Coordinator. The coordinator will work at the Trinity Towers West apartment development located in Melbourne.
Based in Boston, POAH is a growing non-profit organization that owns POAH Communities which manages more than 8,500 affordable rental homes for families, seniors and the working poor in nine states and the District of Columbia. POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Community Impact Coordinator will:
- Assess the needs of residents and families.
- Effectively communicate with residents by newsletter, flyer, bulletin board, etc., to ensure residents are informed of available resources and programs
- Develop and implement supportive service programming in collaboration with residents, site staff & management and local community service providers
- Coordinate the delivery of services with local human service providers
- Maintain all necessary information regarding services to residents in a confidential manner following the regulatory guidance provided by HUD.
- Establish program targets, track and measure progress. Analyze and use outcomes data as the basis for continuous program improvement, then report program outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
- Remain updated on Fair Housing, EIV, ADA, mandated reporting and other pertinent HUD rules and regulations and lease, house rules and related documents governing tenant residency at the assigned community
- Attend all required meetings and prepare and participate in additional and/or special Projects, as required from time to time by the Property Manager
This individual will also demonstrate ability to work in close collaboration with a Construction Superintendent and serve as a liaison between residents and the construction team:
- Communicate to residents construction related items that will affect them
- Be “point person” for residents to express construction related concerns and document all resident complaints
- Prepare and distribute notices to residents
- Manage resident temporary relocation needs (e.g., schedule movers, provide boxes, make hotel arrangements, organize community room space and periodically coordinate resident group meals).
- Attend weekly construction meetings
Qualified candidates will fulfill the following requirements:
- College degree ideally with a focus in social work, urban planning, public health, human services, or community development required
- Minimum of three years prior experience in resident/social service programs (preferably in affordable housing)
- Ability to work with and motivate diverse resident populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and basic computer skills
- Basic proficiency in the use of computers including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated time management skills and proven organizational skills
- Familiarity with Yardi software is a plus
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria and processes is a plus
If you are interested and meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply by using the following link:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.