POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing. Based in Boston, POAH is a growing non-profit organization that owns POAH Communities which manages more than 8,500 affordable rental homes for families, seniors and the working poor in nine states and the District of Columbia. POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities.
- Support the Property Manager (PM) by repairing and maintaining the physical asset structures to levels consistent with POAH Communities standards and a condition which meets building codes and those standards imposed by HUD and other housing regulatory agencies/ commissions
- Ensure that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve the physical assets
- Respond to work orders and have them completed within 24 hours of submission. The MS will also ensure that work orders are managed through the Yardi software system at each POAH Communities site
- Manage resident relations / customer inquiries with the highest degree of professionalism
Reporting to a Property Manager, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- Must have at least 1 year experience in apartment maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED required. HVAC certification preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage as use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with weekends and on-call basis as necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment, measuring devices.
- Must be able to perform the following duties 66-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 25lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.