POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving affordable rental housing. We are seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a Financial Coach at our Woodlawn Resource Center in Chicago, IL. This individual will be responsible for implementing the Financial Services and Family self-Sufficiency components of the services provided at the Center. The program model is a fully integrated model of programs which includes workforce development trainings and job placement services, individual and family supportive services, digital literacy offerings, financial coaching and asset-building services. The Financial Coach will have the opportunity to play an integral role in impacting the lives of POAH Residents and the Woodlawn Park Community.
ABOUT WOODLAWN PARK COMMUNITY:
The Woodlawn Park Community is home to over 300 households and 600 residents, including over 200 youth. New and renovated Woodlawn Park properties are the focal point of this revitalized community, with a diverse offering of mixed-rate rental apartments that provide comfortable and affordable homes to the families and investors who are attracted to this neighborhood’s many amenities – lush parks, growing business opportunities, and the University of Chicago.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide ongoing, customized financial coaching and guidance to help Woodlawn Resource Center clients set and reach goals in six core areas: earned income growth; credit and debt management; saving and investing; use of high quality financial services; risk management; and wealth building.
- Deliver core elements of a financial plan to families in a way that is professional, accessible, relevant, and valuable.
- Teach and train clients to successfully interact with financial institutions, service providers, and other resources.
- Strive to constantly elevate the standard of coaching delivered at the Woodlawn Resource Center. This includes: adopting a mindset of continuous improvement around coaching techniques and practices; adding to the organizational body of knowledge around specific content areas; and contributing to a positive learning environment for the entire team.
- Manage confidential client information with a rigorous dedication to organizational security protocols around every aspect of client data. Activities associated with the management of client data include the creation and maintenance of client files, electronic data entry activities, direct communication with clients, and management of survey data, among others.
- Commitment to working with low-income families and the ability to form strong, supportive relationships with clients in a short period of time demonstrating a commitment to helping working, low-income families.
- Familiarity with personal finance and comfort with quantitative calculations. Though the position does not require financial expertise, the coaching is very heavily focused on financial content. As such, all candidates must have a strong comfort level with quantitative calculations and an interest in personal finance. Prior professional experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Trustworthy, with outstanding interpersonal skills. The agency requires the highest ethical standards and integrity in service to our clients. The ideal candidate will also possess maturity, self-awareness and sound judgment.
- Commitment to innovation, excellence, and entrepreneurship. Energized to work in an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented nonprofit organization. Demonstrated commitment to testing and evaluating new ideas and to building a model organization. The ideal candidate will be a proactive team player, with a willingness to pitch-in to support larger goals.
- Prior direct social service experience is an asset. An understanding of financial issues related to low-income families including public assistance programs is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- 3-5 years program management experience preferred
- Managerial/Supervisory/Training experience in any of the following areas: financial education, financial services, job training and workforce development
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce experience are a plus
- Knowledge in data collection and analysis a plus
- Strong background in all phases of data management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and solutions driven approach to work
- Proven ability to manage projects, curriculum development/enhancements and experience working with government and performance-based contracts is essential
- Strong professionalism, flexibility, good judgment, commitment to teamwork and comfortability with receiving coaching and giving coaching are valuable to this role
- Interest in professional development towards continuous improvement both professionally and personally
- Required hours might include a combination of workday, evening and weekend hours; schedule is designed to accommodate needs of working clients
If you are interested and meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply by using the following link:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.