POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving affordable rental housing. We are seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a Floating Assistant Property Manager to support all of our apartment development properties in Rhode Island. Applicants must have reliable means of transportation for local travel and be willing and available to accept work assignments at any of our properties on a regular and “as assigned” basis. This includes properties in: Providence, Kent, Washington, Bristol and Newport counties.
While up to 75% is required for travel, the Floating Assistant Property Manager will be based at one of our Rhode Island properties.
Reporting to the Director of Compliance, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- High level of property management expertise, analytical ability and financial acumen.
- Solid verbal, written and customer service communication skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills as it relates to calculating lease balances, move-in costs, analyzing leases, identifying discrepancies on invoices and pro-rating leases.
- Confidence in creating effective solutions for how to deal with challenges or problems.
- Familiarity with Yardi software or similar property management, real estate software preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree and certified as a Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist preferred.
- Process income certifications/recertifications for multiple affordable housing programs.
- Process monthly Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Billing.
- Process accounts recievable and accounts payable.
- Prepare lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Ensure that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve the physical assets.
- Work patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service based on immediate needs.
- Preserve and respect resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Enforce and adhere to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Complete other tasks or special projects as assigned by the Director of Compliance, Regional Property Supervisor or Property Manager.
TRAVEL & SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be flexible to accept work assignments to different work locations daily and adjust to different work settings.
- Must be available to be assigned a Monday thru Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST work schedule.
- Must possess reliable means of transportation for local travel required (up to 75%).
Education: 2 or 4-year Degree preferred. Experience: At least 2 year(s) preferred.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Travel and overnight lodging costs are covered and can be expensed. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.
Interested individuals should send a resume with letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. POAH COMMUNITIES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.