POAH Communities – an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development, preservation, and quality management of ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing is seeking an Maintenance & Operations Analyst who will report to the Director of Maintenance.
About the Opportunity
This individual will assist in the oversight of maintenance services; providing information and serving as an analyst and resource for the site staff and company. He/she will work with Property Managers and Maintenance Supervisors to ensure property management operations are successful. The Maintenance & Operations Analyst will also implement safety and preventative maintenance programs for the purpose of ensuring properties are kept in a safe condition and in compliance with property management requirements.
- Perform regular reviews of work records, note trends, critique and work with site staff, specifically Maintenance Supervisors/Technicians and Property Managers, to address proper usage of the work order system.
- Assist in collection of data from sites, i.e. responses to portfolio wide solicitation such as camera inventory, window limiter install progress, etc.
- Refine current metrics and develop new metrics, as needed, to improve understanding of work order data.
- Support implementation of preventive maintenance work orders and systematic use of work of templates across portfolio.
- Prepare a wide variety of written materials (e.g. correspondence, memos, reports, policy/procedures, budget, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Explore opportunities to improve contract administration work flow and review request for contract approval packages.
- Support POAHC’s role as a member of HPN Select by promoting relationships between vendors and staff for the procurement of goods and services. Also contribute to the HPN Select organization in their effort to meet the needs of POAHC’s operations.
- Create and deliver safety presentations and quizzes via webinars and videos; track staff participation.
- Research current maintenance procedures and shadow maintenance staff at sites to understand daily routine on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the onboarding process for recently hired maintenance supervisors.
- Demonstrate a high level of property management expertise, analytical ability, customer service and real estate software knowledge.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Director of Maintenance, Director of Risk & Policy and the Senior Vice President/Chief Operating Officer.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3-5 years of proven experience in housing, real estate, program evaluation, project/program management and/or related fields.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze data to see trends and inform strategic decisions.
- Familiarity with HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria and processes.
- Proficiency in use of computers including Word and Excel and other software used by POAH Communities (e.g., Yardi).
- Experience in the creation of training and resource material to guide site staff.
- Ability to work periodic flexible hours and travel by plane and automobile is required. Ability to travel up to 25% to visit various properties in portfolio.
- Proven success for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members, partners and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and partner with both site based resident services and property management staff in order to motivate and support operations implementation.
- Education: B.A. or B.S. preferred.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, a wellness program, and a 401k plan with a matching component.
Interested individuals should send a resume with letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. POAH COMMUNITIES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POAH Communities has specialized in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years. Initially founded as Midland Property Management, Inc., POAH Communities became part of the Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (“POAH") family in 2001, and currently manages over 9,000 affordable housing apartments in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. POAH Communities has 350 staff members and maintains offices in Kansas City, Boston and Chicago.