POAH Communities, a mission-driven organization specializing in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing, is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a Community Impact Coordinator (CIC)/Administrative Assistant. The qualified candidate will work at the Machado House at Peter's Grove development located in Hudson, MA.
Reporting to the Property Manager, as the Community Impact Coordinator the individual will:
- Assess the needs of residents and families of Machado House at Peter's Grove apartments
- Effectively communicate with residents by newsletter, flyer, bulletin board, etc., to ensure residents are informed of available resources and programs
- Knowledge of property management, real estate or affordable housing a plus
- Develop and implement supportive service programming in collaboration with residents, site staff & management and local community service providers
- Coordinate the delivery of services with local human service providers
- Maintain all necessary information regarding services to residents in a confidential manner following the regulatory guidance provided by HUD.
- Establish program targets, track and measure progress. Analyze and use outcomes data as the basis for continuous program improvement, then report program outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
As the Administrative Assistant, the individual will:
- Perform administrative and office support activities
- Maintain data and supporting information in internal property management database system
- Receive and distribute mail to appropriate personnel
- Create effective solutions for how to deal with challenges or problems
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Property Management
Qualified candidates will fulfill the following requirements:
- College degree ideally with a focus in social work, urban planning, public health, human services, or community development or a minimum of one year of related experience.
- Ability to work with and motivate diverse resident populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and basic computer skills
- Basic proficiency in the use of computers including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Familiarity with Yardi software is a plus
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria and processes is a plus
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match. POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.
ABOUT POAH COMMUNITIES
POAH Communities has specialized in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years. POAH Communities became part of Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (“POAH") in 2001, and currently manages close to 9,000 affordable housing apartments in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. POAH Communities has 350 staff members and maintains offices in Kansas City, Boston and Chicago.