POAH Communities is currently seeking a Handyman /Plumber. This person will work at the Crestview Village Apartments in Kankakee, IL. The Handyman/Plumber will provide assistance by helping maintain the physical integrity of the community. Which involves but is not limited to the following activities:
- Insuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Being knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Being aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Scheduling and performing routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Performing work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Diagnosing and perform minor and routine maintenance/repairs.
- Insuring all make-ready repairs and services are completed.
- Inspecting and helping coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services.
- Assisting in keeping grounds neat and clean. Rake, sweep, shovel as necessary.
- Must have at least 1 year experience in apartment maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED required. HVAC certification preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage as use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with weekends and on-call basis as necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment, measuring devices.
- Must be able to perform the following duties 66-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 25lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
If you meet the requirements and are interested, we encourage you to apply by using the following link:
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force.
An exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing, POAH Communities is a growing non-profit organization that owns POAH Communities which manages more than 8,500 affordable rental homes for families, seniors and the working poor in nine states and the District of Columbia. POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities.
For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.