Company Overview POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization specializing in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years building and improving communities. Beyond providing safe, comfortable, and affordable homes, we believe that well-managed housing can empower residents and serve as a platform for their success. We manage over 8,900 units throughout the United States.
About the Opportunity
The Part Time Administrative Assistant position will provide support to the Property Manager by answering applicant and resident questions, take work orders, answering telephone calls and emails, collecting rent, marketing, leasing apartments, showing apartments to prospective residents, and completing necessary background checks on prospective residents.
POAH Communities is looking for an Administrative Assistant position which is Full-Time and this person will work at our property in Homestead, FL, Campbell Arms. The Administrative Assistant will support the Property Manager which include the following activities:
- Manage front desk duties such as answering the telephone, greeting customers/clients/employees, maintaining office equipment and supplies, and performing general clerical duties.
- Support the recruitment and retention of a diverse work force and ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws including anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws and regulations.
- Establish positive, productive relationships with all funding / regulatory agencies which support the residents and the communities in the Property Manager's area.
- Assist the Property Manager by ensuring that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve the physical assets.
- Facilitate the execution of financial and operational objectives established by the owner / sponsor POAH.
- Ensure that compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws are maintained.
- Some post high school education preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in property management, asset management, development and related fields (project finance, construction and acquisition / rehab)
- Previous experience with government-assisted and subsidized housing programs is preferred but not required.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, team orientation and willingness to learn are a must!
- Strong verbal, written and customer service communication skills are essential.
- Computer proficiency (specifically in MS-Word, Excel and Outlook) is required, as is familiarity with Yardi software.
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria and processes and the low income housing tax credit program.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match