POAH Communities, an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing, is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a full-time Community Impact Coordinator. The Community Impact Coordinator will serve in a vitally important role as the liaison between the residents who live at our Brandy Hill apartment developments in East Wareham and the POAH Communities Community Impact department.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Community Impact Coordinator will:
- Assess the needs of residents and families of Brandy Hill apartment developments
- Effectively communicate with residents by newsletter, flyer, bulletin board, etc., to ensure residents are informed of available resources and programs
- Develop and implement supportive service programming in collaboration with residents, site staff & management and local community service providers
- Coordinate the delivery of services with local human service providers
- Maintain all necessary information regarding services to residents in a confidential manner following the regulatory guidance provided by HUD.
- Establish program targets, track and measure progress. Analyze and use outcomes data as the basis for continuous program improvement, then report program outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
- Remain updated on Fair Housing, EIV, ADA, mandated reporting and other pertinent HUD rules and regulations and lease, house rules and related documents governing tenant residency at the assigned community
- Attend all required meetings and prepare and participate in additional and/or special Projects, as required from time to time by the Property Manager.
Qualified candidates will fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum of three years prior experience in resident/social service programs (preferably in affordable housing)
- Ability to work with and motivate diverse resident populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and basic computer skills
- Basic proficiency in the use of computers including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated time management skills and proven organizational skills
- Familiarity with Yardi software is a plus
- Knowledge of HUD regulations, forms, inspection criteria and processes is a plus
- College degree ideally with a focus in social work, urban planning, public health, human services, or community development is a plus
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match. POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email to James Singleton (email@example.com).
About POAH COMMUNITIES: The mission of POAH Communities is to provide high quality property management and customer service to the residents that live in our communities. POAH COMMUNITIES provides connections to opportunities for our residents and partnerships that improve the quality of life in our communities. POAH COMMUNITIES is a company that develops and honors its employees and delivers long-term value to its owners and partners.